Attend a Complimentary Professional Service WorkshopBest Practices for Cyber Defense: Operationalizing Threat Detection using Analytics & Hunt
What does it take to create a world class Cyber Defense capability? Learn best practices for building highly capable, mature, effective and efficient cyber defense programs from Micro Focus's SIOC consultants. Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and overcome challenges related to building new (or improving existing) programs. See how leading security organizations extend “traditional” Security Operations Center capabilities with integrated Hunt Operations and Security Analytics. Micro Focus's security Intelligence and Operations Consulting team is arguably the most experienced and talented set of Cyber Defense consultants in the industry, having worked with hundreds of organizations in building and optimizing their Security Operations and Cyber Defense programs over the past 9 years.
Securing DevOps: Integrating application security into DevOps programs
Cyber-criminals today are highly organized, specialized and motivated to find and exploit vulnerabilities in enterprise applications to steal data, intellectual property and employee or customer information. More than 80 percent of successful breaches target vulnerabilities in the application layer, indicating the need for enterprise IT departments to be vigilant in terms of application security, and to implement programs that reduce security risk driven by software within the organization.
This training will cover:
- Automating WI scans from Jenkins using REST API
- Incorporating Security Assistant to find defects during development
- Decreasing the time it takes to audit results using Audit Assist
- Deploying Micro Focus Security Fortify components in Docker containers
How to drive a hacker crazy
In today’s world, you can - and should - throw up walls and fences to keep bad guys out of your network, and tools to detect them once they are in. But you have to plan for the worst case: what will happen if somebody does manage to steal your sensitive data? In this session with consultants who have helped hundreds of customers implement data security, you will learn:
- How to protect your data so that it is valueless to a hacker, and yet still be useful to your company
- Lessons learned for designing an enterprise rollout of data security; critical success factors for a data security program.
Security Starts w/ Data Collection: How to collect Windows Events at Scale: Best Practices with WinRM/WEF and how to Measure Effectiveness
Businesses are leveraging big data and machine learning to generate insights and make better decisions. There are a lot of awesome things you can do with large volumes of data. You can correlate and detect suspicious behavior, build metrics & analysis, and Hunt for adversaries. But before you can do all that, there is one basic thing you need to do…collect the data!
This training will cover:
- WinRM Configuration & Windows Group Policy Objects
- Subscription Configuration & Event Query Filters
- Windows Event Collector Optimizations
- Troubleshooting WinRM/WEF/WEC
- Measure, Monitor, & Detect
Data Security partner sales enablement boot camp
An accelerated partner sales enablement training session focusing on essential topics mandatory for successfully closing SecureData campaigns. Topics include identifying the most valuable sales use cases, insights into conducting a proof of concept and technical aspects required for closing accounts. In this partner bootcamp you will learn:
- The level of effort required to close a typical SecureData sale
- Which customers are the best candidates for a SecureData installation
- Specific actions partners may take to enable proof-of-concept success